Social media policyWhile the digital interaction brings huge benefits to all the counterparts, it also comes with undeniable risks and responsibilities. For this reason, we have developed this social media policy to provide our consumers and stakeholders with clear indications about the contents and relationship methods they could expect from Barilla Group on social media. We also want to illustrate and promote our rules of conduct with the purpose of foster an inviting, inclusive and safe community.
Barilla Group channels
We use social media for institutional and general interest purposes to inform, communicate, listen and to encourage participation, discussion and dialogue with consumers and stakeholders. As Barilla Group we are currently active on following social network:
• LinkedIn, where you can join us and our community of employees and corporate stakeholders,
• Twitter, where you can be updated in real time about our Company news,
• YouTube, where you can watch new videos of corporate and brand initiatives, stories and interviews and a selection of TV commercials and films from our historical archive.
If you become aware of any other accounts on the social platforms, please report them to [email protected] or [email protected].
Any social profiles of the executives are personally managed. Likewise, the profiles of Barilla Group employees, partners and consultants are managed exclusively in a personal capacity and following the indications of the internal social media policy.
To get to know us better we invite you to follow our stories on this website. If you have any doubt or curiosity we periodically update a specific section where we try to answer all most frequent questions.
On our corporate channels we communicate projects and facts about Barilla Group and its brands, we tell stories from the voice of Barilla people and we spread and comment key trends related to the present and the future of food system, nutrition, sustainability and social changes. Usually we publish textual content, photographs, videos and other multimedia materials which are owned and which you can therefore reproduce and spread by citing Barilla Group as the source. We love to share and, occasionally, relaunch contents and messages of public interest and usefulness published by employees and third parties.
The comments and posts of users who mention or tag Barilla Group represent the opinion of individuals and not that of the Barilla Company, which cannot be held responsible or associated with what is posted on the channels by third parties.
We look forward to hearing from your feedback and opinions and to help you with relevant and useful information:
• We encourage you to mention us in a way that contributes to an open and respectful dialogue and to support any claims with links to information sources whenever is possible;
• We strive to respond to as many relevant questions and comments as possible, but we reserve the right to use our judgment in selecting the messages we respond to. For commercial and product related requests please directly refer to the websites of the specific brand;
• We love interacting with you but, to us, following an account, liking a post or re-sharing a content does not necessarily constitute an endorsement.
Our social accounts are managed by the Group Communications and External Relations department of Barilla Group together with its external agencies and are moderated from Monday to Friday, from 9am to 6pm CET (holidays excluded).
On social networks, everyone is responsible for the content they publish and the opinions they express. We ask you to express your opinion with fairness and measure, based as much as possible on verifiable factual data and in compliance with the law and taking into account the following netiquette:
Be polite, kind and respectful, even if you disagree
Keep the conversation relevant and contribute to the dialogue
An essential requirement of the messages and discussions on our social channels is the public interest. It is not possible to use these spaces to deal with personal cases:
• We remind you that the processing of users' personal data responds to the policies in use on the platforms used. For this reason, on top of this policy, please carefully review terms and conditions of the different social network before engaging on them;
• Please note that personal data such as email addresses, telephone numbers or home addresses posted in public in form of comments or posts on the social network profiles of Barilla Group may be removed to safeguard confidentiality of and to protect the persons concerned.